Tuesday 26 November 2013

Philosophy // Sound editing

Today we took our scripts to the sound studio and recorded different versions of our voice-overs. We decided that we would read one each and one together. I choose the Interplay of Opposites script and
Hannah chose the Earthly Substance script. We both recorded the longest one and will edit our voices together later on to create a dialogue.

As I had used the recording booth before it was easy to get a few variations of each of the scripts to pick between. I thought that the contrast in our two voices gave the extracts of the book a different flavour from each other.






After I had edited the audio files to splice together the best bits of various recordings, I was left with files that were unpaced and without music. Using Hannah's voice-over as a bed, I created an ambient soundtrack to accompany it. I had to manipulate the spacing in places to make her pauses fit in time to the beat for emphasis. The technique was really effective and should fit well with the graphics we have produced. Hannah really liked the outcome and we are both agreed that we should take a similar approach to the other two recordings. 










No comments:

Post a Comment