Wednesday 11 December 2013

Elmwood // Final Evaluation

This live brief set by Elmwood was quick-turnaround brief for me. The brief was simple in theory but required you to think about the whole process of defining a service through branding, considering the needs of customers and explore how branding can be used effectively to give character to even the most boring of jobs.


Branding hasn’t been a big focus in my work so far this year and so it was refreshing to take on a task that challenged me to exercise core Design skills within a limited timeframe. I felt that it was especially valuable to get feedback on the brief from external professionals as this something we have not experienced much of at this stage of the year and I received direct and formative feedback from Elmwood that helped to shape the project into abetter final brief. I regret that this brief came at a busy time of the year for me and as a result I wasn’t able to give as much time to to my solution as I would have liked. I would have liked the opportunity to expand the range of the brief and create more solutions that indicated tone of voice, effective copy and style that would have transformed this from a short brief to an expanded project. Despite this I enjoyed taking on the design challenge presented in this brief and hope to exercise the same skills more fully in further branding projects this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment