Sunday 16 February 2014

Dialogue Exhibition // Submissions

Eve and Nathan have put together an exciting exhibition format which combines two entries together in blind collaboration. You can enter as many times as you like, so I submitted two entries, one individually and the other in collaboration with Andy. 



Our joint entry depicted a lighthearted scene of animal communication as two dolphins act out an well known joke. 

For my personal entry I wanted to try something more experimental that would give interesting results when printed. I used a primitive piece of design software (2D design) which I remembered using at school. This creates unusual shapes and patterns which are far less perfect than those found in illustrator. By overlaying two identical hatched shapes from 2D design I was able to show how the interaction between shapes can change their form. The crossover area creates a completely different pattern because of the rotation of their overlap. This should be more prominent when printed and should work with whatever other entry it is combined with. 









No comments:

Post a Comment