Tuesday 29 October 2013

Brudenell 100 // Storyboarding

Today I had scheduled a complete day for storyboarding the animation. After the progress in research I had made yesterday I was tempted to cut down the amount of time I would spend on this. I decided that this step was too important to brush over and I would rather dedicate an entire day to it and have a really clear idea of what I would be producing than to go into the production stage without a fully formed idea.

The elements that I decided should be included (in no particular order) were:
Title - Brudenell Social Club 100 years
Entrance
Gig
Beer
Pool
Darts
Music Posters
Table Football
Pinball
Sky TV (sports)

I started by producing some sketches of these using layout pens. This gave me a much better idea of depth and the kind of chunky imagery I will be carrying forward. My focus with tis project is to really demonstrate implementation of smooth and thoughtful transitions between these elements, and I had come across so many animations in my research who have been able to do this is creative ways. I started to consider clear narratives that would draw the different sections of video together. My favorite was this:

(Enter the void style)
Poster with Darts on
Dart hits bullseye
Behind this is a cable, the camera follows it to an amp
Amp turns on and screeches
Camera zooms on red power light
Zooms out to reveal a game of pool
Pool ball is hit into a pocket
beneath the pocket is a series of pipes leading to the beer taps
Pint of beer is being poured, nearly full. A beermat in the shape of a football is put down.
The area around the football turns into a telly showing a real football game.
The players become table football players, hit ball at screen.
Dog licks the screen. To the next 100 years displays.

Tommorow, I will put together the graphical elements for this, ready to begin animating on thursday. I need to work fast at the end of this week, as my next brief is collaborative and has a strict full time schedule which could delay this animation by two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment