Tuesday 22 October 2013

Indie Game // Animating the Menu interface

This was the interface that I had designed for the game which I wanted to animate in AfterEffects:





The challenges of this section were recreating the interface colour change, the blur and focus effect on active and inactive options and to get that feeling of an option being clicked, which always gives distinct visual feedback to the user. 



I started by separating the interface colours in photoshop before importing these to AE. 





Breaking all of the typography into separate sections, I could control the blur effect more easily. The dialogue box needed to flip between the options. 







Variations in interface colour



Using a gaussian blur effect that could be switched faded in and out, I was able to make the in-focus and out of focus effect look convincing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment