Monday 14 October 2013

Indie Game // Branding

While Andy began work on the environments of the game, I worked on using the custom typeface I had designed to create the branding for the game. Spelling out SPECS, I was happy with how the letterforms all lookled toegther and felt that it communicated the indie aesthetic well. I had to spend some time adjusting the spacing so the the letters appeared consistent as the default spacing of grid made them look unnaturally spaced.



As an extra detail, I redrew the magic glasses from our protagonist and used them as part of the design. This helped to strengthen the mark and its association to the game we had been designing for. Trying these with some of the characters that Andy had designed, I found that the two elements fit really well together as a set. 


No comments:

Post a Comment