Monday 28 October 2013

Brudenell 100 // Visual Research



I think that a smooth animation with a focus on clever transitions would be the best way of capturing the atmosphere of Brudenell. The best example of this I have come across is the above video for Primavera festival which uses the band names as a basis for creating imagery. The slight grain on the objects gives the animation a particular look that I think works effectively.


Sebas and Clim take a clean approach which has clear graphic design basis and simplicity. They focus on smooth transitions and a limited colour palette but are able to work across a range of different animation styles. They gave me some feedback on a video in the summer which I intend to apply in this project:

"My biggest advice in your video will be: Work in the SPACING.

Your timing isn't bad, but you don't put too much love to the curves. You have to loooove the curves (read this with a lot of groove, it will make a lot of sense)."

The smoothness in animation is obtained by avoiding a linear frame interpolation which looks unnatural and making use of the curves graph to produce effects such as ease in and ease out which give the animation more character.  



I love the colour choice in this animation. I gives everything a hyperreal, futuristic feel. I wouldn't be looking to do something this extreme, but i would be looking to use bright and vibrant colours in a similar way. Using Kuler, I looked at the pallette used here:

No comments:

Post a Comment