Wednesday 5 March 2014

100 Bears // Context // BBC Science Club - Physics

While looking at motion graphics and animations of books I came across an animation for the BBC2 show BBC Science Club. While not a book trailer I found the effect to be much stronger than I have seen in other examples. The book is completely animated, and the characters on the page move and interact with each other. Unlike the stop-frame videos, this felt dynamic and full of action. While the illustrations for 100 Bears are much simpler and would require a different type of animation to faithfully represent them from the book, this gives me a much clearer idea of what is possible with motion graphics in this field. I think a combination of this internal page animations and the pacing and charm of the page turns in the chronicle book examples would produce some really iterating results and help to engage with the target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment