Saturday 8 March 2014

One Hundred Bears // Page compositions

Using the 400px x 481px size for the pages, I created separate compositions for each of the different pages:

Hands:

The hands were one of the most straightforward pieces to animate, and required little tweaking from my original test.


For the animation I did add numbers to the ends of the fingers as they count up. 



Butterflies:

Using the same arrangement from the page, I created numbers to pop up and count them to 10. As I had to make this page rotate from flat on the right hand side to flat on the left, the page was actually shown backwards when it enters the scene. This meant that I had to flip the composition to make it display the right way round.

Wrong

right

Clock tower:




by removing the big hand of the clock and adding it to a separate layer, I could animate it to tick and strike the hour. 



Cakes:
I separated the cakes into individual files and lined them up in photoshop with a white background to be imported into After effects:




I then added the numbers counting up the deserts

Medicine:
This turned out to be one of the most complex clips as I had to extract a full and empty spoon from the illustration and overlay them to be able to make it look like it had filled up. I had to remove the drop from it's original place and animate it moving towards the spoon in steps. This is the first time I have had to animate something to be purposely jumpy to fit the look of the other sections. This was possible by using the 'hold' option on the keyframes, so that it doesn't animate the points between A and B, but just switches between them. It took me a few attempts to get exactly what I wanted, but it lined up and looked convincing enough to use on the page.  







Sleeping:
I collected 4 different bears out of the 69 and combined them to make the shade cycle through its face. 




I added the numbers to count up to 69 in time. 







No comments:

Post a Comment