Monday 17 March 2014

One Hundred Bears Evaluation

Nobrow are one my favourite publishers, and I had the best time on my two week placement. I was keen to impress with this live brief and was given a choice of which new release to produce a trailer for. I chose 100 bears because of the simple and striking illustration style that would made it easy to animate. This was one of the most complex animations I have produced, and used a completely new animating style to other projects, actively trying to create an aesthetic that was lo-fi and didn’t look like a smooth After Effects animation. This required me to learn a huge number of new techniques and experiment with different methods to find a solution that was appropriate to the brief and target audience, was well as being true to the original book. 

This project improved my animation skills significantly, and I hope to build on these in future projects.  I ended up using so many elements in the project that I had to learn to obsess over the tiny details and timings while keeping everything organised else the project would get out of control. This project planning is something I have gotten much better at throughout the year and I now consider it a strength that is starting to see this pay off within my college briefs. I was really proud of how this animation turned out as I was able to take the provided static artwork and bring it to life through careful planning, design, music production and animation. This produced a result that is really different to other motion graphics I have made on the course, and I would love to work in this way again in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment