Saturday 10 May 2014

300 seconds // Evaluation

This brief was a continuation of a live branding brief I took on during the second year responsive module. It was pleased see another opportunity from 300 seconds to appear in my third year. As the event has grown massively in the last year from when I designed the initial branding, having been hosted by big name media companies like Facebook, BBC and Mozilla and looking set to achieve even more in the next year, l felt that it would be best to collaborate with Andy to utilise his image skills and strong work ethic to evolve the brand for its expansion to different parts of the UK. 
The biggest aspect that I took away from this brief was the importance of accessibility within design. As the client needed us to meet WCAG AA colour contrast standards we both had to conduct research into designing with this in mind. I personally found this eye opening as I had never even considered this as a fundamental part of designing for screen and through my research I discovered that working with accessibility in mind doesn’t just benefit people with visual impairments, it actually improves the overall usability of design for everyone. During the brief we had to respond to client feedback and I thought that we worked well through this process and developed a much stronger outcome because we were forced to re-evaluate our initial solution and think about how the brand could be made to better suit its intended usage and context. With more time, I wish we could have pushed the brief to consider the events themselves and the range of outcomes that could have been produced for them. Unfortunately we both had to move on to other briefs and could not take this any further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment