Thursday 22 May 2014

Dialogue // Evaluation and Submission Boards

The brief itself was very straightforward, and I treated it as a day brief, keeping both of the submissions simple and print-focussed. My work was paired with a French designer I was unfamiliar with, and it was great to be introduced to their work in this way. For my entry, I knew that the brief was loose and I wanted to take the opportunity to make something slightly experimental that would translate well to print. Using old geometric design software that I had at school instead of the Illustrator I was familiar with created unusual shapes and patterns, and I was able to make an optical illusion which created different tones through the overlaying of shapes. I was glad to also have had a small hand in the event by helping to produce the website.  It was great to see the whole class rallying behind Nathan and Eve’s event, and the best part of the process was seeing everyone’s submissions on the night and trying to recognise who had done what.

No comments:

Post a Comment