Friday 16 May 2014

Jaypee // Submission Boards

This was a live brief set by former BAGD student Jonny Packham to redecorate studio 3 collaboratively with Jaypee, Andy, Tanni, Hannah, David and Natalie. We all had to pitch an idea for a section of the space. Keen to add more vinyl work to our portfolios, I wanted to collaborate with Andy again in pitching for the window space. Andy has strong image-making skills and was able to establish a graphic format that we could both work to to create the set of characters based on the tools of designers. I enjoyed helping the others to paint the studio as this took me away from my usual studio practice and I was impressed at how the combined digital illustrations could be applied as a mural through projection, sketches and painting. This was not a process i was familiar with and it was interesting to be a part of. Through applying the vinyl, I learnt the importance of using application tape to make sure the vinyl was applied evenly, as this is something that we did not do in our Colours May Vary brief. I think that the lessons I learnt in that brief really improved the quality of design and application of this one. It was really gratifying to see the end result of everyone’s approaches to the brief combined in one space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment