Wednesday 21 May 2014

Hungry Sandwich Club // Evaluation

We were advised to write one brief that could run for the length of the year and could be revisited as skills and direction changed throughout the year. This long and thin brief for me was the self-branding and promotion of a collaborative studio practice with Andy Foster. This has been an important brief, allowing each of us to contribute individual strengths and skills to develop an overarching and revised body of work that is focused on public presentation, audience and tone of voice in relation the the current Graphic Design Industry and represents an attempt to define my place within it. Last year, I found it extremely difficult to brand myself and create a website that I was happy with as a representation of the kind of work I was producing. This year, as my practice has become more defined in digital delivery, I have found this brief a useful outlet for exercising skills such as design strategy, web design, animation, typography and copywriting to create outcomes that speak to my strengths as a designer. Andy has complimentary skills such as concept development, image-making, physical production and finishing which have enhanced the outcomes of the brief and led to a stronger combined presentation of the brand on and offline.  

No comments:

Post a Comment