Monday 19 May 2014

Foodpreneurs // Evaluation

This brief came as an unexpected opportunity at the end of the year as me and Andy were asked to design some live event branding for Food& and Northern StrEats. I enjoyed this creative challenge, and found it to be a great brief as it had a really specific audience and context that we could use as a basis for our design, but was open enough that we were able to challenge ourself to do something new. Iconography is something I wish I had done more of this year as it has become an essential skill in the modern graphic designer’s toolbox and demonstrating it in a portfolio can be a big boost. I was really pleased with the full icon set we were able to produce as part of this project and found the use of the icon grid to be a really interesting and advanced way of working that produced great results.

I enjoyed the challenge of trying to select appropriate typography for the brand. The brief required type that struck a balance between minimalism and character, using typography to communicate the street food industry’s traits of professionalism and friendliness. I felt that I worked well with Andy on this project, as we were able to separate roles well to work more efficiently, working with the same objective and combining our separate elements to create the full brand. 

We produced a pitch of the brand for the client received positive feedback on the design. I look forward to continuing with this project after the course and applying the brand format to future events. 

No comments:

Post a Comment